Tulips and Ranunculus...Glimpses of Spring

A few random pictures of spring.  Between moments of sunshine and hailstorms these photos have been keeping my hopes up that spring WILL get here...eventually!


One of my favorite things about spring: pink tulips. They are the hope and promise of a new season, warmth and sunshine to come.  


I love the green streaks on the petals and the softness that emanates from them.  They have got to be one of the most magnificent flowers!


I'm in love with this black and white.  Don't you just love the shape of the petals?  They almost look like they are trying to kiss you!


Ranunculus.  They are so bright and cheerful.  I love how the petals almost glow.  These are the party animals of spring!!!  They don't hold anything back, they give all their color and all their energy to putting a smile on my face.





I have 200 daffodils blooming right outside my back door.  They are so happy.  If any flower was able to give joy, it has to be daffodils.  I planted them in clumps so they look naturalized, like they have always been there.  They are a burst of sunshine every time I look outside. (Even Buddha likes them!)



When I look at pansies, I think of the old animated "Alice in Wonderland" and the pansies in the garden that sing to Alice.  Pansies almost have faces!  They look up at you with the sweetest expressions.  These that I planted have the most amazing smell, they smell sweet, almost like they are perfumed!

Get outside and savor the signs of spring around you!  Grab your family and take a Spring walk.  Take your camera, it's so fun to see what you can do with your camera, you would be surprised!  

Comments

  1. This is Rachel Cooksey, I'm Larry & Mary Urry's daughter. I love, love, love what you're doing in your backyard Julie and Sheridan! It excites me to no end!

    There's a film in Sandy that's screening Saturday and Sunday, that you ladies might be interested in. It's called May I Be Frank, and it's a raw, poignant, documentary following the transformation of a 50-something male, Frank, as he follows are strict regimine of clean, raw food, and adds some other wellness practices to his life. I've seen it twice, and it really is a wonderful film.

    The info for this weekend's showings can be found at: http://www.mayibefrankmovie.com . My parents are out of town for the weekend, so they won't be at the screening, but I truly feel it's a can't miss story that more people need to witness.

    Take care and keep fighting the good food fight!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Raspberry Cream Crumble Pie...

Keeping Bees Through the Winter...

Chicken Tractor...