Sunflowers


I love sunflowers.  They are one of my most favorite things.  I love how massively tall they can be and all of the colors that they can show off, but there is one thing very special about them that I love.  They are called sunflowers for a reason, not only do they look like the sun, but their heads actually follow the sun.  Really!!!  It always reminds me to look up toward the light and is a wonderful reminder of how easy it can be to find the "sun" in our lives!


This year I allowed a little patch of sunflowers that the birds planted, to come up in the front yard.  They are absolutely beautiful and they are a monstrous 16-feet tall.  Yeah...they are as tall as a giraffe!!!  I feel so small standing under their towering stalks, glorious orange and yellow heads above me.  They have become a wonderful part of the garden and they are so beneficial.  Bees and birds benefit greatly from them, and my children absolutely adore them.  To the kids it's more like a sunflower forest.


Sunflowers are so easy to grow and make a great little family project, you can even cut them and display them in your home.  Plant a little patch of them next spring and you will love their bright little faces lighting up your garden.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raspberry Cream Crumble Pie...

Keeping Bees Through the Winter...

Chicken Tractor...