A Little Christmas Spirit...

It's snowing...I have Bing Crosby singing in my head...and a sudden urge to spread Christmas cheer to everyone I see.  I know that next week is Thanksgiving, some of you may be thinking I am jumping the gun just a bit, but really, Christmas is something that should be in your heart all year.  Even Ebenezer Scrooge said, "I will honor Christmas in my heart and try to keep it all the year".  There is a little farmgal inside my heart that tells me the world would be so much better if we followed Ebenezer's promise to himself to keep Christmas in his heart.  Imagine...it would be incredible...no sadness or hatred, only complete joy and love.  Sign me up!!!


I had this crazy idea for presents for my neighbors this year.  I wanted them to feel the same spirit that I feel at Christmas.  I wanted to bottle Christmas cheer, wrap a ribbon around it, and deliver it with my heart wrapped around it.  Well,  I did it; I bottled the Spirit of Christmas in little jam jars!!!  It turned out so cute, I had to share it with everyone.  I can't wait to deliver these, I really hope that each time the jar gets opened, a little magic pours out.


I took pint sized jars and filled them with some of my favorite Christmas quotes.  Twenty-five quotes to be exact, so that my neighbors can have a little dose of Christmas every day from December 1st to the 25th.  I want our neighborhood to be so bursting with love and Christmas cheer that it is visible and tangible when you drive down our street.  I topped the jars with a circle of paper that matched the paper the quotes were printed on and wrapped the lids with all kinds of fun ribbons.  The final touch was a little tag, with "my heart" stuck to it, explaining the purpose of the jar.


These cost me about $2.50/jar.  I spend at least twice that much making cookies for all the neighbors.  It really isn't that expensive, and I hope that it will be worth much more than cookies or candy.


I know that this isn't a vegetable or farm related, but I think that all of us farmgals would be better to remember that the season coming up should be filled with joy.  What better way to feel the love and spirit of Christmas than by giving a little piece of your HEART to those around you?  Most of all, this reminded me of what Christmas is all about.  It's about JOY, CARING, SELFLESSNESS, and complete unrestrained LOVE.

Happy Holidays!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raspberry Cream Crumble Pie...

Keeping Bees Through the Winter...

Chicken Tractor...