Healthy Green Smoothie...


Okay Farmgals...I'm gonna let you in on a little secret.  The key to glowing skin is lots of water, raw fruits and veggies, and lots and lots of greens.  One of my favorite ways to get the greens is in a green smoothie.  After I drink this I feel like I am buzzing with energy, not even kidding!  I am not tired anymore, I feel like I have energy to get everything done, including chasing my wild Famhands, and let me tell you, my skin is looking awesome!  I have had so many people tell me that I glow.  I could be radioactive...or it could be the green smoothie!?!  I'm guessing it's the smoothie.  This looks a little too healthy, too scary, too sludgy, but it tastes AMAZING, and you feel so good, you will want one every day!


There are oodles of ways to make this.  You can use any fruit that you like, banana, mango, papaya, cantaloupe, pineapple.  Anything sweet that blends up a little creamy is definitely an option.  Flax seeds are a must.  They are so good for your heart, hair, and nails.  You can add chia seeds if you like, just a tablespoon or so to the blender before you mix.  The spinach is the "green" and you won't want to mince on the spinach.  This is where you get the chlorophyll that is like a power packed punch for your skin and energy.  It boosts your immune system and is definitely a superfood!  Make sure you use organic spinach.  Spinach is one of those foods packed with pesticides and herbicides.  If you can grow your own, even better; but now, in the dead of Winter, I am buying organic greens.  You can use whatever kind of whole food green mix that you like, such as ground wheat grass, or any kind of good whole food protein shake mix.  I am very partial to the Amazing Grass Amazing Meal (Whole Foods has it).  I "heart" the chocolate flavor, and it adds an extra boost of greens and vitamins that help with all of that "glowing" we have been talking about.  Lastly, add some kind of milk.  I am an almond milk junkie so that's what I stick with, but you can use soy, cow, hemp, rice...whatever milk you are partial to.  Give it a try, you won't be sorry and you may just end up getting told how beautiful your skin is...it's worth it...trust me!!!


HEALTHY GREEN SMOOTHIE
inspired by Oh, She Glows

In a blender mix the following until smooth:

1 banana (or any of the other fruit options discussed above)
2 cups loosely packed organic spinach
1 tablespoon flax seeds
1 scoop Amazing Meal (or any other kind of whole food supplement drink)
2 cups almond milk (or soy, rice, cow, hemp milk)
1 cup ice

Divide into two cups and sip away...after a few days to a week, you will feel energized and will notice that your skin looks beautiful!!!  Glow on Farmgals...glow on!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raspberry Cream Crumble Pie...

Keeping Bees Through the Winter...

Chicken Tractor...