Transplanting Seedlings...

Spring, how I have missed you!  I have missed being barefoot in the grass and the feel of dirt between my toes.  I love you because you make me realize that light is so much more penetrating than darkness.  I feel relief lift me to my feet and point me in the direction of sunshine, green bits edging their way up through brown crusty dirt, and warmth wrapped around bare skin.

Isn't it exhilarating that spring is finally here?  I find myself unable to stand a single minute indoors.  I have to be outside.  I crave it, like chocolate... one moment, like one bite, is never enough.


With the coming of spring, my seedlings were ready to be transplanted to bigger 4-inch containers.  The first day of spring was spent with a fork, gently persuading tiny roots and soil into larger real estate.  It was easier than I thought.  I was terrified of losing a few of my precious tomato starts to transplant shock. Lucky for me only two wilted slightly, but snapped right out of it once they were back under the grow lights.


I was so surprised when I lifted the seedlings out to see long wiry roots wrapped around the soil.  I find it amazing that in 3 short weeks, tiny seeds have been transformed into plants with true leaves, roots, and are so full of energy.  Their desire to grow is astounding!  I wonder if in another sense I have that same desire.  Not to grow tall, but to extend my branches to the farthest reaches, to spread my roots deep and far.  I suppose that we all have a little of that in us, and if we don't there is certainly room to create it in our lives.  I love tree pose (Vrksasanain yoga.  I love the idea of growing roots from my feet into the ground, my arms extending upward and outward in energy.  It is such a simple pose, but so full of life in so many ways.  Think about it...

Maybe I am a tree... or just slightly happy crazy...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raspberry Cream Crumble Pie...

Keeping Bees Through the Winter...

Chicken Tractor...