Obscene Vegetable...

Part of this whole Backyard Farmgals gig is that I get to misbehave... often!  Which really, misbehaving comes very easily to me... ask anyone, they will tell you!  I'm bad...

I was greeted at the farm this morning by an obscene vegetable.  Really this is the most suggestive vegetable I have ever laid eyes on!  I will show you a picture... you can take it from here!!!


An almost 3-foot-long zucchini!  I planted this very odd heirloom variety of climbing zucchini called Zucchino Rampicante which is a cross between a pumpkin and zucchini.  It is a glorious vine, it is covering a teepee trellis at the farm and one of the cattle panel arches over a walkway.  I had checked the squashes on the arch yesterday, they were getting big, but overnight, one of them exploded in length!  I quickly picked the zucchini and went to find Jules...

Jules was cleaning Cluckingham Palace while I was supposedly weeding.  Boy was she going to be surprised!  I quickly downloaded "Hello" by Lionel Richie (can you say 1980's flashbacks?) onto my phone (this moment cost me $0.69), turned the volume up to blaring and then poked the zucchini through the door just as Lionel was starting the chorus, "Hello... Is it me you're looking for?".  We laughed and laughed until our sides hurt!  We spent the rest of the morning playing very bad jokes on each other with the zucchini...


What can I say, leave a couple of girls together with a 3-foot-long zucchini and this is what you get!!!


The zucchini was put to good use later.  I chopped him up!  He is going camping with us tomorrow as dutch oven fajitas and vegan hobo dinners.  Poor zucchini... he was fun!!!

Comments

  1. And you never thought to sell it to Blue Boutique?

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unusually_shaped_vegetable

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Raspberry Cream Crumble Pie...

Keeping Bees Through the Winter...

Chicken Tractor...