Roasting Fingerling Potatoes...

I am obsessed with different colors of potatoes.  I know, completely crazy.  I remember watching a documentary on sweet potatoes (which are nothing similar to potatoes) and a man with no teeth kept saying, "Nobody knows them 'taters like I know them 'taters".  I am sure I don't know 'taters like him, but I sure think they boast some beautiful colors.  

I was roasting some 'taters just the other day, and they struck me as so pretty.  I had to share them with you.  


See, gorgeous, huh?  

This is a mix of Rose Finn Apple Fingerlings, Peruvian Purple Fingerlings, and another mystery potato.  See why you need to keep good records, if you don't you end up with mystery potatoes.  I have to tell you, digging up those Purple Peruvian Fingerlings, you wonder for a minute if a large population of cats have been doing their business in the potato beds.  They are so pretty when cut open, you won't even remember that you thought they came from the little box!  They have great flavor too, plus kids LOVE eating purple 'taters, they will gobble them right up.  


I usually cut them into 1 to 2-inch long pieces, put enough olive oil in a foil lined pan to give the 'taters a good coating. sprinkle with sea salt and pepper, maybe some fresh thyme or rosemary, and cover with foil.  Pop these in a 350ºF oven and roast until they are tender and golden.  You can give them a good shake halfway through.  About 45-60 minutes.  They are great for a vegetarian meal, they fill you up.  I usually serve these with a monster sized salad and everyone is happy to gobble away!


They are so good.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raspberry Cream Crumble Pie...

Keeping Bees Through the Winter...

Chicken Tractor...