Blossoms...

Crabapple.

My tree is blooming.  I walked out to it today to smell it and looked up to see and hear more bees than I could count humming away gathering pollen and nectar.  I inhaled and smiled, this tree is so fragrant.  I almost ripped out this tree when we first bought our house.  It had more suckers than tree and was scraggly and undernourished.  I think you would agree that it is a good thing we decided to keep it.  People drive down our road to see it every spring.  It is absolutely beautiful and all it needed was some pruning and fertilizer.  Like most things in life with a little love, ugly and seemingly lifeless things can become the most radiant.  

This will be my last bloom with this tree because we just sold our house.  It sold really fast, the first day we put it on the market, to the first person who walked through.  So fast!  I am not quite ready to say goodbye, I love my house and I adore my gardens.  We have made a lot of memories in this house, it is the first house that my kids will remember, it is the home I brought my last baby home to, it is the scene of birthday parties, pirate swing sets play dates, and best friends.  I hope we remember it with great feelings and lots of joy.  

It is time to move on.  I grew up moving every few years and I get the itch to move quite often.  The hubby, on the other hand, never moved growing up; he is very hesitant to uproot and move, it has taken years of nudging to get him to move again.  I think that moving a few times in your life is healthy and it will be a wonderful growing experience for my kids, at least I think it will.  Fingers crossed.

Where are we going?  We bought a recently flooded, beat up, poop colored barn with no flooring.  Yep, it's ugly!  But our current house was hideous when we bought it, and now it is the neighborhood gem.  That poop colored barn will get a new life, new colors (it's going to be yellow), and new stories to tell.  

I can't wait!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raspberry Cream Crumble Pie...

Keeping Bees Through the Winter...

Chicken Tractor...