Happy New Year

What does a farmgal and her family do on New Year's Eve?  Go to the Bull Wars, of course!!!  For the last few years, we have saddled up to the New Year rodeo style.  It's three hours of nothing but cowboys in chaps getting dusty and dirty on some of the toughest bulls in the rodeo world.  I thought it would be fun to share a few pictures with y'all.  My little farmhands LOVE this.  They get all dressed up in their finest cowboy apparel.  They are glued to the cowboys from the time we get there to the time we leave.  If the bull riding isn't entertaining enough, there is always the people watching...I have seen some really eye-popping outfits show up at this event!  It's all about the belt buckle, swanky boots, and lots of glitz and glam.  We find it to be an entertaining way to usher in the New Year and it is great fun!  



I hope that everyone had a very safe and happy New Year and that you are busy making resolutions to make this next year your best yet!  I know that I am busy working on how to make this next year something special, for my family, on the farm, and here on the blog.  I am sure it will be great.  I have amazing people all around me that inspire me each day, and some new crazy ideas for the farm that just might turn into amazing.  The best thing about each new year is that you have the chance to make it better than the last.  What a marvelous gift, to have a clean slate, another open door to walk through, another chance to better yourself and be kinder, more inspiring, and more understanding to those around you.  I love the New Year and I am looking at 2012 with great excitement!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raspberry Cream Crumble Pie...

Keeping Bees Through the Winter...

Chicken Tractor...