Miss Bones and Some Other Fun Things...

Here at the farm we have been worked to the bone...literally...


Tearing out the farm is a lot of really hard work.  After a day of digging and pulling, I really do feel like Miss Bones.  Except she is more stylish...and isn't smelly or covered with dirt...and really manages to look sassy on her old Schwinn bike...


This week is farm tear down week.  It is seriously kicking my behind!  Between rainstorms, we manage to get a lot done in a kind of frantic sort of way.  Between all of the craziness, we get a little giddy.  While tearing out the melons, we got down right crazy.  Here is farmgal Julie really giving the camera all she's got!!!


And then some...
What can I say...she's got melons!?!
GO GIRL!!!


In all seriousness, we grew some monsters...she would have shown off the big ones in the same manner...but we had to draw the line somewhere!!!  


While Jules and I were tearing out melons and laughing like schoolgirls, My pirate Ian was raiding what is left on the farm.  Strawberries and beans were his booty today...Arrrgg!!!  For Ian, farming is no fun unless it comes with a costume.  He carries a sword in the belt he puts across his chest, but I guess the sword wasn't necessary for raiding the strawberry patch!


The hard work on the farm is almost finished for the year.  I am looking forward to a relaxing winter break.  Really, I intend on pouring over seed catalogs, planning the farm for next spring and dreaming about all the work ahead of me, while I cook up a storm with all of the produce I have frozen!  Oh...and I may catch a run or two on the slopes between the daydreams...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raspberry Cream Crumble Pie...

Keeping Bees Through the Winter...

Chicken Tractor...