Homemade Hand Warmers for Warm Hands & Warm Hearts...



I made the cutest little sets of hand warmers for our neighbors this year, I had to share.  These are super easy to make, I can bust out about 60 in a day of sewing, and I am NOT fast!



I went to the fabric store and got pre-cut fabric squares that were 5-inches by 5-inches.  I sewed them, wrong sides together with a 1-inch seam, leaving a small opening on one end.  

I then used a small funnel to fill the bags nearly full of rice, pinned the opening and then went back to the sewing machine and sewed the opening shut.  Easy-peesy!





I took a pair of pinking shears and trimmed 1/2-inch off the edges all the way around, so the finished bag was 4-inches square (there should be 1/2-inch between the fabric edge and the seam).  Then, stacked them in piles of four warmers and tied them with twine.  I attached a little note on the top with heating instructions:

To warm: heat in microwave for 30 seconds, drop in mittens to stay toasty-warm

Now I have a great big basket by the front door filled with these for when neighbors drop by to keep them warm!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Raspberry Cream Crumble Pie...

Keeping Bees Through the Winter...

Chicken Tractor...